resource and assignments portal
Note: There are no 'assignment police'. Use what is useful and leave the rest.
"The wise leader's ability does not rest on techniques or gimmicks or set exercises. The method of awareness-of-process applies to all people and all situations”
- Lao Tzu
Session Six - Resources and Assignments
1. Your ongoing assignments are to stay on your own team and keep activating your superpower of Awareness by noticing what you notice. The rest really does take care of itself as you notice and choose. Your choice to stay connected with your buddy as we go into a spell of not gathering in person. There is a new video (above) that is a fav - always reminds me we can lean in and trust the BIG process of life. Check out these brave little ducklings and their beautiful mother.
2. Handout files for team builders:
The Helium Pole - Facilitator Guidance. This PDF includes the 'Growing Team Intelligence reflection and debrief sheet.
3. NOW - THEN - BRIDGE Planning tool template. Feel free to edit/modify to suit your needs if you find it useful as a tool to gain clarity re any topic you choose. Remember the Four Questions format is a great facilitated discovery discussion for problem solving as well (See note below for the Facilitator Guide). This tool can also be used off the back of 'What makes a great team that you cannot buy with money' discussions.
4. Don't judge a book by its' cover was the game we played where everyone comes up with something no-one could know about them. Good fun state changer.
That's it for now. It was so good to see those who could make it to the session.
I'll be in touch when Fiona and I have nutted out options and we are ready to reconvene in 2023!
Take good care of yourself and each other and remember The ACCELERATOR is there if you fancy a look.
My best to yours always,
Session Five (online) - Resources and Assignments
1. The Four Questions (PDF) - Guidance for the structured discovery discussion we worked through today.
This works well in tandem with...
2. Decision Making Exercise/Strategy (PDF)
NOTE: This session was about sharing 2 tools you can use in a variety of situations. The Four Questions is a ripper for harvesting issues in a safe way so they can then be worked through. Remember people back what they create so team problem solving is advantageous as trust builds and robust debate can help refine the best solutions.
The decision making activity is a good awareness raiser to be mindful of defining the problem before we go off and solve the 'wrong' thing and create more issues.
3. Do your best to lift your sights above the fray. Maintaining perspective when the pressure is on is vital to mental health - and productivity. If there were any communication frustrations you sense you could influence - reflect on what you could do/initiate/enquire about to progress towards solution.
4. Mind your buddy(s). Many are stretched, tired, covid and change weary. Life can be overwhelming if we don't have support. Even a 5 minute check in call with your buddy can lift each other up. There is power in feeling cared about - you can offer this to each other as freely as you choose to.
That's it for now. It was great to see your faces today (I had no trouble imagining yours Gareth ;)
I am here if I can be of service otherwise I'll be in touch in the lead up to our next LIVE session September - woop!
Take good care of yourself and each other.
My best to yours,
Session Four - Stress Management and productivity - online speed date - Resources and Assignments
1. Handout supplement (PDF) - a few tips and reminders plus a new reflection called 'A Slice of Now'.
Instructions for this are as follows: Consider each slice as a % (this is not about a pie). If 0% was the centre and 100% was the outside edge, intuit how much of your life energy goes into each slice (as you interpret the headings). We are talking quantity not quality eg: Lots of life energy might go to finance but it could be worry energy.
When complete all the way around, write 'yes' or 'no' in answer to the question:
'Am I happy with both the quantity AND quality of life energy going to each slice?'
If you get YES all the way around let's talk ;)
Once you have your yes/no answers complete (and btw 'yes and no' means NO) draw an arrow for each slice indicating your intention to put more energy in to that slice, or bring it down. That's it - no goal setting. We are simply gaining clarity and forming a clear intention. Time estimate start to finish is around x15mins. Do not overthink this. You have an additional sheet to review in around 3 months so you can 'see' if your intentions had any impact.
2. Buddy check in - have you connected with your buddy(s) since our online sprint? A safe pair of ears is priceless to help you process your weekly experiences and practise the coaching basics. Coaching as a leadership approach is the go!
3. Journal your noticings regarding the three relationships - you with YOU, you with OTHERS and you with EVERYTHING.
4. Reflect on how you are going with the productivity hacks - 7-8hrs sleep, 45-50min block times through the day to progress YOUR work, Regular stretch/change of scenery breaks through the day, morning and after work routines/rituals to embed new habits, dim the lights/no screen for an hour before bedtime...
I will see you online again on August 8th. Till then, happy days - and pace yourself!